We have finally started hosting our volunteer days! We’re so excited for your help.
- What do volunteer days look like? We schedule a 3-hour morning or afternoon, during which volunteers do some combination of macro sorting (books into major categories), micro sorting (within a larger category), stamping, moving, and shelving.
- We use a sign-up genius, which you can see below, where volunteers will be able to sign up for hour-long slots, or for multiple slots if preferred. We limit the number for now to make sure that the space isn’t too crowded and then we will adapt based on the turnout and logistics.
Please make note of the following:
- You are welcome to sign up for one or multiple hour-long slots.
- Our space is a warehouse, so please wear closed-toe shoes and clothes you don’t mind being a bit dusty.
- Additionally, we have snacks and water, but please be considerate and take care so we can keep our space pest free.
- Volunteers are required to sign a liability waiver when they arrive, so if you aren’t interested in that step, please reconsider signing up.
- Masks are very welcome, though at this time they are not required. Please be respectful.
If you have questions about volunteering, or are interested in more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many thanks to our book fans and we look forward to seeing you!
– The Book Cycle Team